Each of our clients receive one-on-one assistance. We provide quality screening, service delivery and meaningful referrals for clients. Task Force walk-in client service hours are 9 am-12 pm, Monday to Friday. We are able to provide services to 20 client households per day.
To become a client:
You will need a photo I.D. and proof of residency (a current bill showing a Douglas County or Elbert County street address). You will also need to provide Social Security numbers for all household members, and provide the total monthly income from all sources.
The major services the Task Force provides are:
- Food and Toiletries-We provide diapers, formula, special dietary items, food, hygiene and household supplies.
- We conduct two off-site Food Banks monthly at low-income senior housing units, providing food and hygiene assistance to senior citizens in need.
- Housing Assistance-We assist clients who present eviction or foreclosure notices with up to $250 in financial assistance in order to prevent homelessness, and help clients with security deposits to obtain new living arrangements.
- Utility Assistance-We provide utility assistance (heat, electric, water) to clients with shut-off notices.
- Emergency Overnight Lodging-In conjunction with the Police and Sheriff’s Departments, we provide vouchers for 2-10 nights lodging for homeless or transient individuals and families.
- Clothing, Household Items-Clients may “shop” for free in Treasures on Park Street for clothing and shoes, household items and furniture.
- ID Documentation-We assist clients in securing the documentation needed for housing applications, school and social services including Colorado State IDs, birth certificates, police records, etc.
- Information and Referral-Our staff and volunteers make referrals connecting clients to other agencies and resources to provide long-term solutions to problems.