Facing Financial Hardship?
We are here to help!
Task Force client service hours are 8:30 AM – Noon, Monday through Friday. You may make an appointment by calling us at (303) 688-1114. Appointments are preferred.
However, we realize that “life happens” and emergencies arise. If immediate assistance is needed and you can’t wait for an appointment, please plan to arrive when we open our doors at 8:30 AM. We are able to serve 20 families per day.
To receive services, please bring the following (if available):
- A photo I.D.
- Proof of residency (a current bill showing a Douglas or Elbert County street address)
- Social Security numbers and dates of birth for all household members
- Your total gross monthly income from all sources
First time clients– Please fill out our information form prior to your arrival for services. This will expedite the process and reduce your wait time. Once you have completed this form, please call us at (303) 688-1114 to schedule an appointment or plan to come as a walk-in @8:30 am. We do not contact you automatically. You may access this form by clicking the button below:
Available services include:
- Food and Toiletries – We provide, groceries, toiletries, household supplies and pet food. Additionally, diapers, formula and special dietary items are usually available.
- Housing Assistance – We assist clients with up to $250 in financial assistance in order to prevent homelessness. This help may be applied toward rent or a security deposit.
- Utility Assistance – We provide limited utility assistance (gas, electric and water) to clients with disconnect
- Emergency Overnight Lodging – In conjunction with the Police and Sheriff’s Departments, we provide limited motel vouchers for homeless and transient individuals and families. This assistance is subject to available funding.
- Clothing, Household Items – Clients may “shop” for free in our thrift store, “Treasures on Park Street.” Vouchers are provided for clothing, shoes and household necessities.
- I.D. Documentation – We assist clients in securing the documentation needed to obtain employment, housing, school and social services. We are also able to help with CO Driver’s licenses, CO I.D.’s, birth certificates and GED testing fees.
- Information and Referral – Our staff can make referrals to other agencies and resources that may offer additional assistance.
- Employment Search – Our jobs program provides help with resume preparation, interview skills and employment leads.
Client Services: 1638 Park St., Castle Rock, Colorado 80109
Hours: Monday – Friday 8:30 AM – 12 noon